Position: Product Manager
Department:Veterinary – (Vetnova)
Experience:2 to 5 Yrs
Reporting to (Desn): Sr.Manager / GPM
Desired Qualification: MBA / PG Diploma in Marketing (full time) from reputed Institutes / PG in Pharma.
Direct Reports: APM / PE
No. of Vacancy: 1
Should possess at least 7-10 years of overall experience in Pharmaceutical Industry in Sales & Marketing in large multispecialty divisions in MNC / premier Indian companies with good business volumes and various brands. The ideal candidate should have spent the last 5 years in Marketing of which the last 2-3 years ideally as part of product management team handling a team size of minimum 2 reports.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
Achievement of budgeted sales targets for the assigned region through leading, developing and motivating a team of Area Business Managers and thus through them the team of FOs and developing thrust brands, KOLs, Key customers, specific potential markets and ensuring effective implementation of marketing programs through action planning & monitoring
Major Purpose of the Job: (Exactly spell out key deliveries/results expected from this job):
The jobholder shall be responsible for preparation of marketing mix, design and implementation of successful marketing strategies, scanning of market for identification & expansion into various therapies, identification of potential candidates whilst maximizing current portfolio in various stages through appropriate line extensions. The jobholder will support the business head in achieving the budgeted targets and market shares by sustaining high volume brands, developing a strong portfolio of second line brands ensuring higher evolution indices and profitability.
Principal TASKS & Responsibilities: (Please write all the major jobs that the employee is required to carry out )
- Ensuring that the brand gets the highest visibility among the competitors through marketing activity.
- Scanning the competitor landscape/ environment to identify opportunities for new product launches & line extensions
- Understand the evolution of the market in the medium and long term
- Making visual aid and cycle wise and promotional inputs as per brand requirement
- Providing training to the field staff on a periodic basis
- Understand the competitor landscape through research data at a macro level and through observation during market visits at a micro level Development of Brand Development Strategy
- Preparation of marketing mix. Development of Brand positioning/ Product differentiation techniques. Managing Brand life cycle
- Usage of analytical tools to identify problems and make decisions
- Customer Segmentation.
- Development of Promotional inputs
- Goal Setting & Action plans including setting timelines, milestones, monitoring mechanisms etc
- Development/ Usage of communication strategy & tools
- Explore/ Identify potential market segments & new frontiers
- Liaison with production & supply chain department to ensure availability of stocks as per billing plans
- Interaction & Negotiation with customers directly through customer visits
- Training of sales force for implementation of promotional strategy, USPs etc
- Review on effectiveness of strategies, tools etc
- Feedback from internal customers (employees, line managers etc.)
- Interaction with colleagues (phone calls, personal interaction, meetings etc)
- Travel to locations to oversee implementation of marketing programs
- Key customer Development (CRM activities)
- Monitoring of Marketing Information System:
- Market Size, Growth, Trends for products, therapies
- Dr Calls, KoL Meeting, Promo tools utilizations, Feedback
- Competition and market pricing, scheme, market share
- RoI from Marketing Promotion Activities
- Co-ordination with Supply Chain through Products Availability, Sample allocation,
- Complained Products samples replacement. Co-ordination with Purchase of promo-tools from vendors, Communicate specification of items and better cost.
- Products Query Handling though Timely Replies and feedback to team, customers queries, Co-ordinate with consultants.
- Product Complaint Handling by Collecting PCR from Sales Team, Co-ordinate between CQA/Sales Team and Ensure timely Replies to them.
- Cycle Meeting for Marketing Plans presentation to sales team for next cycle and New Launches, Campaigns, New Visual Aids, Promo-tools.